We invite you to join us for dinner, explore exit strategy options and plan your strategy...
Peter Sieffert, Partner of Swiss Avenue Partners, will
conduct an EXIT STRATEGY Workshop designed to get you started on a plan for a sale or succession.
- Are you planning to retire in the next 5-10 years?
- Are you going to pass the business on to the next generation?
- Are you going to sell your business?
- Do you know what your business is really worth?
The worst thing a business owner can do is not plan for his or her succession.
There are many things a business owner can do on their own in two years to prepare a business for sale. Find out what to do and how to do it at this free workshop. Read more...
Carlsbad partners with MiraCosta College to host new Technology Career Institute
The City of Carlsbad and MiraCosta College are partnering to open a new Technology Career Institute in a city-owned building where the college will train workers to fill a demand for industrial technicians in North San Diego County. The building, at 2075 Las Palmas Drive, will also house MiraCosta’sSmall Business Development Center, which resources, workshops and leadership programs for growing and established small businesses. City of Carlsbad Economic Development Manager Christina Vincent said the city’s vacant 22,627-square-foot building on Las Palmas Drive is a good match for the college’s needs. Read more...
Manufacturing and Research & Development Equipment
4.19% Sales Tax Exemption
A new law beginning on July 1, 2014 allows manufacturers and certain research and developers to obtain a partial exemption of sales and use tax on certain manufacturing and research and development equipment purchases and leases. To be eligible under this law, you must meet all three of these conditions:
- Be engaged in certain types of business, also known as a “qualified person.”
- Purchase “qualified property.”
- Use that qualified property for the uses allowed by this law.
Download partial exemption certificates. All manufacturers described in NAICS codes 3111 to 3399, 541711, or 541712 are eligible for this exemption, some restrictions apply. Please get written approval for the exemption from your local BOE office.
Take Black Line's online assessment to determine if your company qualifies for the R&D Tax Credit (no obligation and totally anonymous). View a 3-minute video that explains what the tax credit is; take the assessment to see if your company qualifies for the exemption. Read more here.
And for the record...
1) Post required 2014 Employee Notice showing the new minimum wage for July 1, 2014.
2) Effective July 1, 2014, new regulations change the employee criteria when predesignating a personal physician or medical group for work-related injuries or illnesses (includes two new forms, download here). Read more information about the new law.
3) Effective July 1, 2014, paid family leave to care for a seriously ill "family member" now includes a grandparent, grandchild, sibling or parent-in-law.
4) Get a 50% reimbursement on your payroll cost for "on-the-job" training for new hires.
There is no cost to the employer or the employee so it's really a "win-win" opportunity to grow your business. You reduce your risk of bringing on a new hire and will be able to provide continuing educational opportunities for your current employees. There are some restrictions and you must show proof of Work Comp insurance. Download program details.
Why you should join the San Diego NTMA Chapter...
- We provide extensive networking opportunities through monthly meetings, mixers and special events.
- We keep you updated about local and statewide compliance issues and provide ongoing informational programming.
- We work to develop a labor pool for your future employees.
- We work to protect the tooling and manufacturing industry and make sure your voice is heard locally and nationally.
- We offer our members discount programs and online resources.